Monday, December 31, 2012

December Workout Update




December (2012) Workout Update: 

I continued my workout from last month, despite my Asthma concerns. This month was rough and I gave it my best but life happens .... Details below!

I always started with a warm up and it was followed with a short 20 minute walk in the treadmill with no incline. This eventually progressed into my current workout on the treadmill (listed below). Keep in mind, this is gradual. I can't stress this enough! It took me weeks to get to this point, well I could actually say months. Now before I tell you what exactly I am doing, please keep in mind that I do have asthma and am by no means lean. Having said that I am not saying that chubbier people can't run. If I can, so can you! Just do it in small sections like me. 

Total Time: 70 Minutes
Calories: Approximately 470-500
Incline 3.5 - I maintain this incline all through the workout time, including warm up and cool down. 

Repeat the following 7 times:
Minutes 1 through 3 - Speed 2.7 m
Minutes 4 through 6 - Speed 3.3 m
Minutes 7 through 9 - Speed 3.5 m
Minute 10 - 5.2 m - RUN! RUN like you see a clearance rack WITH Black Friday deals! HAHA :)
Repeat! 

I workout 3 times a week - Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I am a morning person and have a pretty demanding day job so my workout time starts at 5 a.m. Yes waking up that early, even for a morning person, was a tad hard but coming home from work and being lazy is a great feeling!

December 3: 490 Calories
December 5: 550 Calories
December 7: Sick -- My Asthma decided to come visit. I had to change my workout routine. I changed it to something that didn't involve too much cardio but still got rid of some calories.
December 10: Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred (JM30DS) - Day 1
December 12: JM30DS - Day 2
December 16: Apartment Flooded - We lost a pantry full of food, clothes, electronics, home decor items etc. :(
December 25: Just when I thought I had the apartment organized and could get back into the working out routine, we were hit with a snow storm that knocked all the power out, cars under trees and iced in. I am telling you this was not my month!
BUT we restart!
December 30: JM30DS - Day 1
December 31: JM30DS - Day 2


In case you missed ... 


Why I started this section: 

Lets face it, no one truly enjoys working out. I didn't either! My life is a constant battle between my love of food and not wanting to get fat ... well fatter! I also love to cook and bake which doesn't help either. At some point on the battlefield I decided enough was enough! I truly enjoy walking. Yes, walking on the treadmill gets a tad boring, but trust me listening to some music or watching TV makes the time go by so much faster! As most aspects in life, people tend to do better when held accountable for things. So lets just do that! Trust me after doing it for a few weeks you will feel horribly guilty and oh-so yucky when you miss a workout! And after that, ... well you are hooked at this point and well on your way to an awesome new you! 


How I stay motivated: 

This didn't come easy! The system that worked for me was to reward myself for every successful week I had. I would grab myself a magazine or a nail polish or an eyeliner or some cheap jewelry from Forever 21. I kept it under $5 and made sure there was no food involved, it would defeat the purpose of working out. With time this gets easier and then no rewards are needed :)

To be perfectly honest I also had a great support system that kept me on track by holding me accountable. If you can get some friends to follow this with you, do it! If not, I can be your support system! 


I'm making myself unstoppable. Why don't you join me?!!

1 comment: